Following monumental success in the 2018 cycle, the Hamilton County Democratic Party Judicial Committee is currently taking in applications for Hamilton County Democratic Party endorsement from potential candidates interested in running for a Municipal Court seat in the 2019 cycle.
Applications for consideration will be taken until March 21st, 2019.
If you are interested in being considered for endorsement, please reach out to the Judicial Committee at email@example.com and request a questionnaire. More information about the process will be provided to applicants.
The Hamilton County Democratic Party has begun its search for a full-time Executive Director to begin in 2019!
The Executive Director is responsible for the daily operations of the Hamilton County Democratic Party office and programs to elect Democrats to all partisan political positions. The Director will address all needs for the success of the party including, but not limited to, fundraising, inclusivity, increased member participation, and coordination with all Democratic nominees to ensure strong campaigns at the behest of the Party Chair. The Director is responsible for managing and supporting endorsed candidates to ensure a winning outcome.
Interested individuals should submit an updated resume (with minimum 2 references) and cover letter to Chairwoman Gwen McFarlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HAMILTON COUNTY DEMOCRATIC JOB DESCRIPTION
MAJOR FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the daily operation of the Hamilton County Democratic Party office and programs to elect Democrats to all partisan political positions. The ED will address all needs for the success of the party including fundraising, inclusivity, increased participation, and assist all democratic nominees in executing their campaigns as the chair directs. The ED is responsible for managing and supporting endorsed candidates to ensure a winning outcome. The ED reports directly to the chair.
The ED is the face of the Democratic Party and is expected to represent his or her self as such. Expected to be polite, respectful, and helpful. Be a registered Democrat. Promote Democratic Party Principles.
- Works closely with local, state and federal Democratic Parties and Committees
- Provides staff development including creating a culture of inclusion for the party
- Organize all meetings of the Executive Committee, Central Committee meetings and other committees as required by the Hamilton County Democratic Party bylaws
- Prepares office for all aspects of elections, including keeping up to date on state of the art campaign techniques, coordinate campaign planning, targeting, polling, maintaining and updating election law materials, Get Out The Vote (GOTV) programs, party building, and pre-election planning
- Ensure Democratic Party Headquarters in clean and maintained
- All chair assignments shall be completed within 48 hours
- If the Chair assignments are unable to be completed within 48 hours, the ED shall provide the chair with a proposed timeline for completion of the assignment
VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT, RETENTION, AND MANAGEMENT
- Coordinate and support volunteers
- Create and maintain a volunteer database
- Be proactive including diverse individuals in activities without regard to genetic characteristics, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, military/veteran status, age, national origin, or disability.
- Utilize existing volunteer networks and bring new volunteers to the local political process
- Assist in organizing events to keep volunteers engaged and establish relationships with potential new volunteers.
FUNDRAISING AND FINANCE
- Coordinate fundraising for meeting Party goals, salary, and other operating expenses at the direction of the chair.
- Maintain professional relations with donors
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal campaign finance regulations.
- Ensure timely payments of the Party’s financial obligations
- Create a two-year budget with input from the party chair
- Assist with raising funds needed to run the party. This includes coordination of fundraising events throughout the year and managing a recurring contribution program
VOTER REGISTRATION AND CONTACT:
- Coordinate voter registration drives with a concentration on under participating groups, moderate-to-high turnover neighborhoods, and young people
- Organize canvass and phone banks
- Oversee mailing for campaigns
- Must be adept in utilizing common office technology, Microsoft Office Suite, and website maintenance
- Must be adept in utilizing multiple email contact systems, tools such as webinars, online email systems and online survey applications
- Must be adept in utilizing specialized applications such as Vote builder, VAN, and NGP services for volunteers, voters, and donor management
- Must be adept in utilizing social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to enhance the parties communications with their stakeholders
- Have the ability to strategize where and when to apply technology effectively
PARTY BUILDING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS:
- Attend Hamilton County Democratic Party committee meetings including the Central Committee, Executive Committee, Young Democrats and Judicial Committee
- Ensure that the organization and its mission, programs, products, and services are presented with a strong positive image
- Coordinate with the chair all-party communications to include newsletters, press releases and through social media accounts
- Work with and assist with coordinated campaigns to plan winning election at the local, state and federal levels
- Executive/senior level management in political campaigns but could also include non-profit, private industry, or the public sector. Ideally, the experience would include a combination if the above-mentioned sectors including previous success in local, state and /or federal democratic campaigns
- Successful experience in positive work relationships with diverse populations and individuals
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic political strategies and manage tactical execution to achieve positive outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a credible reputation and high profile presence at the local, state and federal level
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the state if the art campaign techniques, campaign planning, targeting, polling, election law, party building, and pre-election planning
- Bachelor’s degree required
Hello Hamilton County And a very happy Fourth of July to each and every one of you.
Today we celebrate the anniversary of our long ago Continental Congress and its adoption of a simple resolution that sent shockwaves around the world. On this day in 1776 our predecessors in elective office risked their liberty, their property and their lives by approving and signing the declaration of independence.Read more...
A huge thank you is owed to all of our candidates who worked so hard this year. Running for office is no easy undertaking and we are very grateful those who make that effort. And also a thank you to everyone who took the time to vote! Sadly, not enough people did.Read more...
Click to download a printable version
of your Blue Slate sample ballot.
A message from the Chair Regarding the future of the Hamilton County Democratic Party
We need YOU! With just a few weeks to go, we are organizing our Election Day poll outreach for our 2017 Coordinated Campaign effort. As you may remember, we ran a very successful Coordinate Campaign effort in 2016 resulting in the election of two Democrats to county-wide office.Read more...
Well, they have done it again. Republican candidates running in largely white areas love to post pictures of unpopular or frightening black people as if they are going to guard against them. Two years ago they did it to Bob Kelly in a Municipal Court race in Anderson township comparing him to Tracy Hunter.Read more...
Funny how it works. The weather heats up and so does the campaign calendar.
We have a bunch of great events coming up:
- July 22 - Meet Sen. Jeff Merkley & Support our advocate in the Senate, Sherrod Brown
- July 24 - Support and get an update from the Ohio House Democratic Caucus
- July 25 - Learn why Right-to-Work is Wrong for Ohio
- July 26 - Support P.G. Sittenfeld's Re-election
- August 21 - Support our Judicial Candidates
TRUMPCARE is bad for health care coverage, bad for our economy, and bad for working families.
YOU ARE INVITED to join us for a protest action calling on Senator Portman to oppose TRUMPCARE!
Tuesday, June 27th at Piatt Park, 30 Garfield Pl., Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 at 5:30pmRead more...