The Hamilton County Democratic Party has begun its search for a full-time Executive Director to begin in 2019!
The Executive Director is responsible for the daily operations of the Hamilton County Democratic Party office and programs to elect Democrats to all partisan political positions. The Director will address all needs for the success of the party including, but not limited to, fundraising, inclusivity, increased member participation, and coordination with all Democratic nominees to ensure strong campaigns at the behest of the Party Chair. The Director is responsible for managing and supporting endorsed candidates to ensure a winning outcome.
Interested individuals should submit an updated resume (with minimum 2 references) and cover letter to Chairwoman Gwen McFarlin at email@example.com.
HAMILTON COUNTY DEMOCRATIC JOB DESCRIPTION
MAJOR FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the daily operation of the Hamilton County Democratic Party office and programs to elect Democrats to all partisan political positions. The ED will address all needs for the success of the party including fundraising, inclusivity, increased participation, and assist all democratic nominees in executing their campaigns as the chair directs. The ED is responsible for managing and supporting endorsed candidates to ensure a winning outcome. The ED reports directly to the chair.
The ED is the face of the Democratic Party and is expected to represent his or her self as such. Expected to be polite, respectful, and helpful. Be a registered Democrat. Promote Democratic Party Principles.
- Works closely with local, state and federal Democratic Parties and Committees
- Provides staff development including creating a culture of inclusion for the party
- Organize all meetings of the Executive Committee, Central Committee meetings and other committees as required by the Hamilton County Democratic Party bylaws
- Prepares office for all aspects of elections, including keeping up to date on state of the art campaign techniques, coordinate campaign planning, targeting, polling, maintaining and updating election law materials, Get Out The Vote (GOTV) programs, party building, and pre-election planning
- Ensure Democratic Party Headquarters in clean and maintained
- All chair assignments shall be completed within 48 hours
- If the Chair assignments are unable to be completed within 48 hours, the ED shall provide the chair with a proposed timeline for completion of the assignment
VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT, RETENTION, AND MANAGEMENT
- Coordinate and support volunteers
- Create and maintain a volunteer database
- Be proactive including diverse individuals in activities without regard to genetic characteristics, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, military/veteran status, age, national origin, or disability.
- Utilize existing volunteer networks and bring new volunteers to the local political process
- Assist in organizing events to keep volunteers engaged and establish relationships with potential new volunteers.
FUNDRAISING AND FINANCE
- Coordinate fundraising for meeting Party goals, salary, and other operating expenses at the direction of the chair.
- Maintain professional relations with donors
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal campaign finance regulations.
- Ensure timely payments of the Party’s financial obligations
- Create a two-year budget with input from the party chair
- Assist with raising funds needed to run the party. This includes coordination of fundraising events throughout the year and managing a recurring contribution program
VOTER REGISTRATION AND CONTACT:
- Coordinate voter registration drives with a concentration on under participating groups, moderate-to-high turnover neighborhoods, and young people
- Organize canvass and phone banks
- Oversee mailing for campaigns
- Must be adept in utilizing common office technology, Microsoft Office Suite, and website maintenance
- Must be adept in utilizing multiple email contact systems, tools such as webinars, online email systems and online survey applications
- Must be adept in utilizing specialized applications such as Vote builder, VAN, and NGP services for volunteers, voters, and donor management
- Must be adept in utilizing social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to enhance the parties communications with their stakeholders
- Have the ability to strategize where and when to apply technology effectively
PARTY BUILDING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS:
- Attend Hamilton County Democratic Party committee meetings including the Central Committee, Executive Committee, Young Democrats and Judicial Committee
- Ensure that the organization and its mission, programs, products, and services are presented with a strong positive image
- Coordinate with the chair all-party communications to include newsletters, press releases and through social media accounts
- Work with and assist with coordinated campaigns to plan winning election at the local, state and federal levels
- Executive/senior level management in political campaigns but could also include non-profit, private industry, or the public sector. Ideally, the experience would include a combination if the above-mentioned sectors including previous success in local, state and /or federal democratic campaigns
- Successful experience in positive work relationships with diverse populations and individuals
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic political strategies and manage tactical execution to achieve positive outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a credible reputation and high profile presence at the local, state and federal level
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the state if the art campaign techniques, campaign planning, targeting, polling, election law, party building, and pre-election planning
- Bachelor’s degree required