Election 2017 includes many important local races such as Municipal Judges, Mayors, Council Members and School Board members. Although these positions do not automatically garner the name recognition of national elections, they are most critical for you to make your voice heard as they will have a direct impact on how your community, police, schools and justice system.
- February 1, 2017 - Deadline for Partisan Candidates to File Declaration of Candidacy
- February 21, 2017 - Write-in candidates for May 2 primary election must file declarations of intent
- April 3, 2017 - Deadline for voter registration for May 2 primary/special election
- May 1, 2017 - Deadline for Non-Partisan & Municipal Court Candidates to File
- May 2, 2017 - Primary Election
- July 10. 2017 - Deadline for voter registration for Aug. 8 special election
- August 8, 2017 - Special Election
- Oct. 10, 2017 - Deadline for voter registration for Nov. 7 general election
- November 7, 2017 - General Election
Offices Up for Election in 2017
There are nearly 300 offices up for election in 2017 including Judges, Mayors, Council members, Trustees and School Board members. You can download a full list of the Offices, Filing Deadlines, Signature Requirements, and Filing fees below:
If you want to run as a Democrat, fill out the form on our Run for Office page and we will be in contact about how the Hamilton County Democratic Party can help you in your campaign:
Candidate and Activist School
If you are interested in running for office, please consider attending our Candidate and Activist School on May 13th for helpful workshops and discussions on running a campaign, fundraising, and getting exposure.